Create and populate any Word / PDF document: from a one-page invoice to a multi-section fully-formatted contract or report. Ideal for a microservice architecture environment.
Never have to redeploy to add a new or change an existing document.
How does it work?
- The templates start life as Word documents, are uploaded to, stored and maintained in a separate repository, usually cloud-based.
- All data is transferred as JSON inside a web service call.
- The repository holds a data dictionary to map incoming JSON data to target fields in the templates.
- The generated document is returned to the Mendix app.
- Should the template need answers to further questions, the user is presented with a dynamically generated interview to supply the additional information.
- Never have to redeploy your app to add a new or change an existing document.
- No further Mendix skills are required once the interface has been configured.
- All styling is defined and maintained using Word. A suite of documents can be reformatted to reflect a change in Corporate styles by a single upload.
- Template repository is fully version-controlled.
- Just about anyone can create a new template, with no programming skills, no downloads or plug-ins, via the web-based InstantAuthor product.
- Can give business users the direct ability to generate their own contracts – freeing up legal and IT teams to focus on higher value projects.
Black Opal Systems is a reseller of the Exari DocGen (tm) product. For more information, please contact us.
Modules4 stars, based on 1 votes